The Best Vlogging Cameras of 2018
Vlogging is a word which seems to be floating around quite a bit in the past few years. It is mainly a video blog (hence shortened to vlog) which can be posted on several social media platforms, though YouTube seems to be the most popular choice. As the interest in video blogging has grown, companies have clamored to meet the demands of the people. Many companies have released cameras for the express purpose of using them to record videos with high resolution to post on the internet.
What You Should Look For:
If you are someone who is interested in vlogging, then you need to have a Top vlogging cameras which are reliable. Before you make your choice, here are a few tips to help you out:
- Look for High-Definition: when most vloggers started out, it did not matter whether their cameras could record videos in high resolution. However, with the advancement of technology, people now live in a world where resolution can be as high as 4K. If your camera cannot record in HD, then it is more likely that people may click away from the video due to the poor quality of the picture.
- High- Quality Microphone: if you are starting out, then it seems like a lot of hassle for you to set up a separate microphone as well. If you plan to vlog your daily life where you move around quite a bit then, dragging a receiver with you may not be feasible. Hence, you should look for cameras that have a built-in microphone as well. You should ensure that the built-in microphone can produce audio which is distinguishable and is not soft or has static. It is essential that the sound of your video be just as clear as the resolution since it is necessary that your audience is able to hear what you want to share without disruptions.
- Wide Angle Lens: with a wide angle lens you will be able to record a video which is suited for the format of a widescreen. Many viewers use their widescreen TV nowadays to watch videos in their free time. Hence, it is better for you to have the ability to cater to all audience. Moreover, having a wide angle lens is growing in popularity, since it adds a professional touch to the video.
- Zoom: before you buy your camera, you should test out the range of the optical zoom. If you are a vlogger, then the chances that you will be filming yourself going about your daily life are great. Hence, if you wanted to zoom in at something interesting you would wish for clear results immediately. Thus, it is crucial for you to test out how quickly the camera can focus on an object, and how clear the picture is. You do not want to have to scrape your footage just because it was too grainy; you should be able to see instant results on your viewfinder!
- Size and Weight since vlogging involves you moving with your camera from one place to the next in a short span of time; you need to invest in a camera that is easy to carry around with you. If you buy a camera that is bulky or weighs a lot, then it will hinder you from being able to move quite quickly. Moreover, if the camera is too heavy, then it may be difficult for you to use it for long durations without a stand. Hence, you should look for something which is conveniently sized and does not make your bag feel too heavy. However, do not make the size and weight your priority when you are out shopping for cameras. Even if the camera is easy to carry, it may not be able to capture high-quality videos and thus might not be very good at serving its actual purpose.
- Reviews: before you make your final decision, it is essential that you scour the reviews to find what people liked or did not like about the camera. If you can find a more informed pro and cons list from someone who has used the camera, you will be able to make a better decision regarding whether or not you should invest in a particular camera.